Carp of the Day

home | archives
"Indeed, the rage of theorists to make constitutions a vehicle for the conveyance of their own crude, and visionary aphorisms of government, requires to be guarded against with the most unceasing vigilance."
     -- Joseph Story
     Commentaries on the Constitution of the United States
     Book III, § 1857.
 

Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Andrew Sullivan, yet again, on gay marriage. Compare with his previous posts, and my commentary upon them here:

My suspicion is that Sullivan hopes for the establishment of gay marriage by fait accompli: that the same man who publishes an elaborate denial now about interstate comity will be quite happy to publish the-Supreme-Court-says-the-Constitution-says-it's-the-law-of-the-land-so-get-over-it-already in the future.
I think it's safe to say, what I before offered as mere conjecture is now substantiated.

UPDATE. I note, also, Sullivan is soliciting donations. He may find an explanation here, why I will not be contributing.

-- posted by Clayton 6/10/2003 02:40:00 PM


Comments: 0

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Links

 

For the more forensically inclined